2020 College Savings Mississippi Art Contest Winners Announced!
Thursday, June 11, 2020 - State Treasurer David McRae today announced the winners of the College Savings Missisippi Art Contest. Each of the winners will receive a scholarship in the form of a Mississippi Affordable College Savings (MACS) account. For as little as $25, almost anyone can start an account for a child. To learn more, visit Treasury.ms.gov.
For PreK-2nd Grade, the 2020 Art Contest winners are:
- 1st Place: Ann Lyles Gray from Madison
- 2nd Place: Mary Wise from Tupelo
- 3rd Place: Maddison Ballinger from Reinzi
For 3rd-5th Grade, the 2020 Art Contest winners are:
- 1st Place: Audrey Kate Turner from Maidson
- 2nd Place: Banks Still from Oxford
- 3rd Place: Cecilia Duhon from Hattiesburg
For 6th-8th Grade, the 2020 Art Contest winners are:
- 1st Place: Harper Golden from Jackson
- 2nd Place: Savannah Jackson from Ocean Springs
- 3rd Place: Mariel Kassoff from Jackson
For 9th-12th Grade, the 2020 Art Contest winners are:
- 1st Place: Charles Rounds from Florence
- 2nd Place: Elena Eaton from Gulfport
- 3rd Place: Desmond Young from Jackson
"Congratulations to each of this year's winners," said McRae. "Art is about invention and exerimentation. It's about seeing the ordinary from a new perspective and learning from our mistakes. These skill sets are the same ones required to succeed in higher education and the workforce. I look forward to seeing where each of these students will go and am hopeful the scholarships will serve as a launching pad for them to pursue an education of their choice."
MACS is a state-sponsored program that helps families save for future college expenses, such as tuition, books, supplies, and certain room and board expenses. It can also be used for elementary and secondary tuition expenses. You can start saving with MACS for as little as $25.